Ranking The WWE Legends Figures


Anyone who has followed me online for a while will know my favourite line since Mattel had the licence for WWE figures is the Legends line. I have them all (except Stacey Kiebler and the 2 Molly Holly ones), from the original run including two-packs, right up to the current series. So, I thought I would do a run of blogs ranking each figure in each set, I might do 3 sets per blog.


Series 1

They came out firing with the first set, we had a figure, despite being an absolute legend, we never had from JAKKS Pacific who of course released figures from the WWF/E prior to Mattel and had many, many figures in their Classic Superstars line but not Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat but that was not the case when Mattel got the licence. We also got The Road Warriors, Hawk & Animal plus the 'American Dream' Dusty Rhodes complete with polka dots. We also got Sgt Slaughter with a look based on his AWA days but may have also donned that look in the WWF and the final one of the set was a more modern legend and that was 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin.

So how am I ranking them then, well......

6. Steve Austin
5. Sgt Slaughter
4. Ricky Steamboat
3. Dusty Rhodes
2. Hawk
1. Animal

Legends Series 1 Animal

The second series wasn't on par with the first if I'm honest and only one I really thought was outstanding. So we got 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka, Terry Funk, 'Ravishing' Rick Rude, Kamala, The Iron Sheik & Jake 'The Snake' Roberts. The Rick Rude was based on his match with the Ultimate Warrior at Summer Slam 90, this figure got a re-release of sorts some years later but it didn't have the robe, it came with Warrior and a basic ring with cage accessory however, the colour of the flames on that second one are darker that the ones that were on the legends one. The figure I was talking about I thought was outstanding was the Roberts one, it really is striking with the flames, best Roberts figure by far for me.

With that said.....

6. Kamala
5. Rick Rude
4. Iron Sheik
3. Jimmy Snuka
2. Terry Funk
1. Jake Roberts


Legends Series 2 Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts


The third series was an improvement on the second set. We had Brian Pillman, the British Bulldog (this is the one that more recently saw a re-release), The Rock, 'Hacksaw' Jim Duggan, Big Van Vader (WCW look complete with cape) and the first figure released at least in the legends series, with a title belt and that was Mr Perfect with the IC title. While thinking about how I would rank these it wasn't easy, the Pillman is great, as is the Vader, and Perfect, well, just outstanding

6. The Rock
5. The British Bulldog (only this low because the headscan is off)
4. Jim Duggan
3. Brian Pillman
2. Big Van Vader
1. Mr. Perfect

Legends Series 3 Mr Perfect


So that's it for the first 3 series, I'll start the next blog off with the Toys R Us exclusives 2-packs.

Do you agree with my choices? If not, please send me your lists over on X or Instagram, you can find all my links HERE

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The March 6th RSC Reveals

International collectors to lose out?

The Top 3 Ultimate Edition Figures (in my opinion) coming in 2024