New Monday Night Wars Figures Revealed


Only last week I did a blog ranking the first 3 waves of the Monday Night Wars figures and on the lead up to San Diego Comic Con we have seen a new wave coming out in that line. We know it's not wave 4, we are not sure what wave it is or when they will be released. You'd think it would be wave 5 and the 'Best of' set may be a stand alone wave but you never know, that could be classed as the fifth wave, it will all come out in the wash as they say.

After I posted pictures on various social media platforms yesterday, I have noticed a mixed reaction, most positive but a some not so.

Like with wave 2 we were shown a figure (Rey Mysterio Jr. in pink/black) in an Elite form that was first shown in Ultimate Edition form with the doomed Nitro stage crowd funder and this one is Ultimate Warrior in a look from when he was in WCW.


We also got to see a great looking Razor Ramon in yellow gear, looks great, love my Ramon figures as he always wore different colours, yes, people will say it's lazy on Mattel's side as it's just another repaint but still, it looks great.



Back on the WCW side, we got to see Sean Waltman under the Syxx guise, I think as Syxx we have had one Elite in the past, many would've missed out on that one so this gives them a chance to grab one for their collection, I have that first one but will be grabbing this too.


One I have no interest in is the last WWF one and that is Lita, this Lita will be the first female figure in the
 Monday Night Wars line, as it stands, we only know one figure in the 'Best of' set so there may be one in that set. The only reason I have no interest in the Lita figure is because I don't collect female figures, only one I have is Chyna from the Legends series, I do have some female figures I need to sell though.

And to round it off, the BAF seems to be nWo Dusty Rhodes, we have seen the legs and torso but that's it, it's hard to imagine who else it could be but it could be the former Big Boss Man who had a stint in the nWo and we know he's about to have 2 figures come out in the Legends line when he was Big Bubba Rogers in Mid-South.

We also got to see one of the figures in wave 3 of the MNW Ultimate Edition figures and that was a Triple H complete with t shirt and tracksuit bottoms and one of the extra heads sees him come with a ponytail. I have no idea who the other figure is but of course, it will be someone from the WCW side.


So, overall, what do you think of the figures that were shown, are you picking them all up, if not, which ones will you be going for?

Find all my links HERE

Thanks for reading, Stu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The March 6th RSC Reveals

International collectors to lose out?

The Top 3 Ultimate Edition Figures (in my opinion) coming in 2024