Top 5 Amazon Fan Takeover Ultimate Edition Figures


With the recent arrival of a new Amazon Fan Takeover Ultimate Edition and the announcement over Wrestle Mania weekend of the next choices (John Cena/Randy Orton - YAY) I thought I would do a Top 5 list of in my opinion, Amazon Fan Takeover Ultimate Editions. I only put figures in my lists I personally have in my collection and as it stands, I have them all, I think the next one is the one shown last weekend in Philly of Seth Rollins based on his look at Clash At The Castle, the figure looks so toyetic, looking forward to having that one in the collection. Just want to say, I am a bit suspect of these polls to choose the attire for these Fan Takeover figures, I just can't buy that people would pick some of these attires over others, let me know what you think about that along with YOUR top 5 lists.

So, onto the list.

5. Triple H
Based on his look when he and Michaels revived the DX gimmick in the mid-2000's, in fact when the poll was put up they actually said it was based on Survivor Series 2006, which of course wasn't as edgy as they were back when the original DX were running wild in the WWF in fact, the mid-2000's version were a bit goofy if we're honest but anyway, there has only been 7 Fan Takeover UE's from Amazon and although this Triple H isn't overly great, it's better than the 2 that missed out on the list. His first UE figure is underrated I think, big fan of that one.

4. Rey Mysterio


This one is based on his look when he debuted in WWE, there are some slight changes to the look from that night but overall, it's quite accurate. This is the newest one in my collection, I only received it yesterday as of writing this and I do like it a lot, of course, there's 3 more I think are better but it's a good one, you can order it on Amazon HERE if you don't already have it. I think I prefer it to his other UE release.

3. Jeff Hardy


Another good one, have to admit, when I was going over these figures in my head before sitting down and putting this list together was the other UE Hardy, which I am not a fan of at all, this one however I think looks really good. Based on his look from a Smack Down show in December 2008, this one really looks the business.

2. Hulk Hogan


This is based on his look from Wrestle Mania IX and comes with a head that has a black eye that he had that day and it's still discussed as to how he got that black eye, there are many rumours. As much as I am happy with this choice, whether the votes are rigged or not, I wouldn't have minded either of the other 2 and I hope we get them down the line, I think the WCW one in trunks was going to be part of the Mattel Creations Nitro stage that didn't get the backing it required so was never released, again, hopefully all those figures that were shown with that Nitro stage will get a release down the line, one of the 3 choice for Hogan was one based on his look from WCW Uncensored 1996 and we got this in Elite form in the Legends series. The Rey Mysterio is coming out in Elite form in the second wave of Monday Night Wars figures and I think the DDP is going to be out in wave 4. Back to this Hogan, I really like it, I think it may have been the first Fan Takeover UE, I know it was the first one I got.

1. Shawn Michaels
Based on his look from Survivor Series 1995, what a great concept that match was the 'wild card' match, I think it splits opinion but I thought it was great, anyway, any of the 3 looks they offered for the Michaels Fan Takeover would have been acceptable, all 3 looked cool. Although this one takes the top spot in my list, I will say, like Michaels' other UE figure, I am not a fan of it in the entrance gear, much prefer both in just their wrestling attire.

***IF YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE ON THIS BLOG OR ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS, GET IN TOUCH***

Before I finish, let's just talk about the 2 that didn't make the top 5 (I don't class the other variation of Hogan, you may be aware, in the packaging, one had the bandana on and one had the bandana off, but it's the same figure) - Ultimate Warrior, the one that 'won' the vote was based on his look from Wrestle Mania VI (big fan of the match), we have had this figure twice before in Elite form (Legends and Lost Legends, there were minor mistakes with both, hit me up if you're interested in what they were) so not just because we'd had this figure in some form before I wasn't a fan also, the head scan left a lot to be desired for me. One off the options for this Warrior was the Survivor Series 1990 one (first and last event where there was a grand match of survival) and that would have been a great figure in UE form. We did get it eventually as an Elite in the Survivor Series wave.


The other figure in the Amazon Fan Takeover line is of Goldberg, you all know, Goldberg was pretty basic with his attire, it did come with a little bonus piece, the steam or whatever his use to blow out his mouth after he went through the pyrotechnics during his entrance. One thing that got me about this figure though was the belt issue, you may say, what issue well, I would say it's based on the night, as US champion, he beat Hollywood Hogan for the WCW world heavyweight title, of course, Hogan had the big gold belt spray painted with nWo but the one that came with the Goldberg figure did not, it's just a little thing, maybe to some, it doesn't matter, I know I have mine displayed with the US belt and the big gold one with nWo on it.



So that's my list, let me know yours, hit me up on X or Instagram, all my links can be found HERE.

Thanks for reading, please share with other figure collectors, all the best, Stu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The March 6th RSC Reveals

International collectors to lose out?

The Top 3 Ultimate Edition Figures (in my opinion) coming in 2024