Annoyed


No top 10 list today, I mentioned on a blog a few weeks ago there was a rumour that some figures that haven't been in retail in the past will soon be appearing, these being Ultimate Editions and Legends figures. Not sure if the upcoming UE's of Razor Ramon & AJ Styles will hit UK retailers but I am told the Legends set with the Headshrinkers/SST, Paul E. Dangerously & Hogan will be hitting UK retail and if so, will it be all of them and the reason I say that is because anyone reading this from the UK will know, the main retailer here in the UK for wrestling figures is Smyths and they have a habit of not releasing full waves of figures. Elite 100 has just recently been released and they haven't had all the figures from that wave and it was after trying to track down a figure from the 2023 Royal Rumble set that made me want to write this blog. 

There are 4 figures in the set and all have BAF parts, more on that shortly, however, not just Smyths but one of the figures in the set hasn't been released in the UK to any retailer be that mainstream like Smyths or the independent sellers. I'll be honest, I didn't really want any of the figures in that RR set but did want the parts to make the Dok Hendrix BAF. In the set is Vader, Damien Priest, Rey Mysterio (because we haven't had enough) and Brie Bella. So, I have been known to have different figures of the same character but this time I thought I'd swerve it, I have 3 Vader's already, numerous Mysterio's and I already have the one Damien Priest Elite that has been released and any followers of mine will know I don't collect female figures (have one in my collection, the Chyna that came in the Legends line) so I would never have bothered with the Bella one regardless but, with Vader came the Hendrix torso, I have been able to obtain this off a seller on facebook, the arms for Hendrix come with Priest and as Smyths reduced that figure from £27 to £19.99 I purchased that just today, basically for the BAF parts but the figure is OK and I will probably keep it rather than try and sell it on and this is where Mattel have been crafty, with Mysterio, the BAF parts are just hands, yes, you read that correctly and with Bella you get the Hendrix head and legs, really shady that, should have put the legs or head with Mysterio but I guess they are thinking with their business heads on, I mean, IF they would have put the Hendrix head with Mysterio many may've swerved the bella figure and used some BAF legs from one of the other sets even though they would not have been pink. Of course, if Mysterio would have come with the Hendrix legs, people would still seek out the Bella figure for the Hendrix head because I can't imagine anyone selling that on its own.

It's really frustrating how we over here in the UK get shafted on a lot of figures that are just not available, even if you buy them from the independent retailers who get them in, you pay a premium and there are some that go even further and charge even sillier prices and there's ebay, and that is what really sparked me off today, I was looking on there for that Bella figure just for the BAF parts and someone was selling one for £49.99 now I know it's supply and demand but that is just taking the piss, sorry, but it is. If ebay user RedDragonToys is reading this - DO ONE!

Anyway, that's my rant over, please share this and any other blogs of mine with collectors you think may be interested.

Don't forget to check out our sponsor BobKat Emporium, they have a wide range of wrestling related things including plenty of figures and if you have NOT used their site before, use the code WFUK20 for 20% off your order, this is a one time use per customer.

Check out my links right HERE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The March 6th RSC Reveals

International collectors to lose out?

The Top 3 Ultimate Edition Figures (in my opinion) coming in 2024