The March 6th RSC Reveals


So, we were given the heads up there was going to be an announcement from Ringside Collectibles on 6/3, rumours/guesses were being thrown around on social media, we knew RSC were getting an Outsiders Ultimate Edition pack exclusive to them so initially I thought it had to be full images and pre order info for them. After talking to others, it was mentioned maybe it could be the next set of Defining Moments figures, either way, I thought it was one of these two sets.

Come time for the reveal and, well, I was a bit letdown. What we got was a reveal of  more re-releases, yes, they may have updated articulation, pinless arms etc and some updated face scan technology but in essence, they are the same figures we have had before.


Below are images of the 8 that are being re-released and exclusive to RSC





I have all of the original releases of these figures, so I thought, after I got over the let down, I’d not be buying any of these, then I thought, damn, they are RSC exclusives, I have all RSC exclusives, I even bought the horrendous Kurt Angle as a Shield member one just because I am a completionist but, with me having the first runs of these figures and not even being able to display many of the figures I already have, I decided that even though they are RSC exclusive figures, I’ll be passing on them. Much like with all the ‘Greatest Hits’ figures they released these ‘From The Vault’ ones will be a pass for me.


Below are images of some of the ones already in my collection


Elite 7 Shawn Michaels & Triple H

Elite 45 Bubba Ray & D-Von Dudley

Defining Moments John Cena

I know collectors who have the first run of these figures, especially MOC are very annoyed as the value of their originals will probably lose value. Now, I have said this before, I don’t collect figures with the thought of what the possible value could be in the future, I collect them because I like to but it still doesn’t sit well with me. I understand, there are many collectors that missed out on these figures and even when they have looked for them on the secondary market, they have been expensive, believe me, I know, I can speak from experience, so these may not be a £19.99 figure but the cost will be a lot less than what the original ones are on the likes of eBay, I mean, I see some prices of figures on eBay I don’t even consider rare/hard to find, at some high prices.


So that’s my take on the situation, what are your feelings about it, are you happy you will get the chance to pick up some of these figures or are you bored with all these re releases?


Let me know, find all my links HERE 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

International collectors to lose out?

The Top 3 Ultimate Edition Figures (in my opinion) coming in 2024